Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church Associate Youth Pastor Vacancy Announcement-001-04-27-2019
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ASSOCIATE YOUTH PASTOR
Position Title: Associate Youth Pastor
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Job Type: Full time-based on progressive performance
Salary: $36,000 USD per year
Location: Austin, Texas
Organization: 305 Deen Avenue, Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church
Background Investigation: Yes
Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church (EECC) is located in Austin Texas. The Church is a 31,000 square foot facility with approximately 300 members.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Youth Pastor is responsible for building young disciples for Christ by developing, coordinating, and administering a comprehensive approach to children (4 – 9), Pre- teens (10 – 12), youth (13 –
18) Ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP AND SUPERVISION
This is a full-time EECC position. The incumbent will be an employee of EECC. The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Pastor and Board of elders for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor's performance.
The Youth Pastor shall provide a creative and comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels of EECC. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
• Love youth and relate to them where they are
• Encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
• Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
• Challenge them to respond to God's call to serve in their church, communities, and world
1. Serves as a liaison between the church and other community and religious organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
2. Coordinates with new member's ministry for the development of youth disciples, mentoring, training, and counseling.
3. Develops and manages the youth ministry budget.
4. Ensures that adequate records of youth activities of youth participation are maintained.
5. Ensures on-going communication with church leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
6. Ensures that safety and security policies are observed and adhered to for the well-being and safety of the youth.
7. Serves as principle leader of EECC Children and Youth Ministries; responsible for directing all activities associated with the Children's and Youth Ministry.
8. Assists the Senior Pastor in creating strategies and implementing programs, activities, and events that accomplish the fundamental objective of developing a vibrant youth ministry.
9. Serves as facilitator and minister for the EECC Youth Worship services.
10. Delivers youth focused sermons for youth church, youth events, and such other activities as directed by the Senior Pastor.
11. Teaches weekly youth Bible Study.
12. Leads and attends EECC youth activities and programs and provide guidance to youth workers towards their coordination and execution. (e.g. Children's Church, Youth Services, Youth Seminar, youth retreats, annual youth events)
13. Provides spiritual enrichment and guidance to the whole spectrum of youth within the EECC.
14. Actively seek out, identify and train appropriate church members who may be used toward furthering the advancement of the Youth Ministry.
15. Provides ministry opportunities in the church where youth can utilize their gifts and talents towards the work of the Kingdom. This includes utilizing youth in the total life of the church as ushers, greeters, and in other positions of interest.
16. Cultivates the EECC Youth Council (elected officers of the Youth Ministry) by giving them leadership responsibility within the ministry to develop their God given gifts and abilities.
17. Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly fellowship events to build and strengthen relationships with the youth ministry, non-members, and with un-churched youth.
18. Provides ministry opportunities and promote youth opportunities in the community where youth can utilize their gifts for Kingdom work. (Examples; service projects such as soup kitchen, crisis pregnancy centers, yard work for elderly, etc.)
19. Develops opportunities for discipleship training through Sunday morning Children's Church, Youth Worship service, Sunday school, Mid-week classes and all other youth activities.
20. Counsels youth directing them to the ways and will of God and coaching them to demonstrate Christ-like characteristics.
21. Performs youth ministry activities during weekday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and such other times as events may dictate.
22. Teaches and demonstrates Christ like behavior
23. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Married marital Status is preferred.
• Age should be 30 to 35 years old.
• Applicants must meet qualification requirements and show evidence of possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Biblical studies or related Christian ministry.
• Ordained Gospel Minister in the Evangelical church denomination
• Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in youth ministry.
• Must embrace Christian discipline and the bible-based doctrine and theology
• Must be creative and visionary with a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the EECC Church.
• Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
• Knowledge of Christian Biblical principles and standards with understanding of their application and mandate as a Christian Believer
Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church Associate Youth Pastor Vacancy Announcement-001-04-27-20193
• Knowledge of the purpose, concept, and use of the Bible and its applications in spiritual worship
• A strong composition of many or all of the following spiritual gifts: administration, helps, hospitality, and service
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficient use of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, mail merges, email, web searches and social media
• Demonstrated experience in ministering, leading, and building relationships with youth
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Sound work ethics
• Consistent and fair
• Compassionate and understanding
• Counselor, adviser
• Solid knowledge of the Bible and church's teachings
• Team builder/player
• Well groomed
• Ability to handle conflict in a biblical manner
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to analyze operating conditions and problems and recommend or take appropriate
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to use discretion when non-routine situations arise
• Ability to focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines
Required: Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background investigation
Preferred: Professional Certification in Youth Ministry
References: Submit with resume
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call us if you have any questions or for more information
(512) 550-1273 or (512) 473-9905
Address: 305 Deen Ave 78753 Austin, Texas United States
Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church
305 Deen Ave. Austin, TX 78753
Welcome to Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church in Austin, Texas!
We are excited that you have taken time to visit our site! The Ethiopian Evangelical Christian Church in Austin is dedicated to spreading the true message of Jesus Christ and holistically ministering to the needs of the community it serves. We believe that you are not here by accident. If you speak or understand the Amharic language and are looking for a church home, we welcome you to join our family! We believe you will find us to be a loving, caring, and friendly congregation!
We are always updating our site.
We invite you to experience this community of faith for yourself! Our ministry is founded upon the four-fold purpose of the local church laid out in Ephesians 4:11-16. Our focus is to develop and maintain a ministry that accomplishes the following objectives:
(1) Christians maturing in their walk with God.
(2) Christians serving God with the gifts that He gives; including but not limited to evangelism and worldwide mission outreach.
(3) Christians stable in their understanding and commitment to Bible doctrine; unmoved by false and deceptive teaching.
(4) Christians who have sustaining and real relationships with each other.
Please pray that our church will never swerve from God’s plan and purpose for His church. If we can ever be of help to you or your family in any way, please let us know.
- እኔ መንገድና ዕውነት ሕይወትም ነኝ፤ በእኔ በቀር ወደ አብ የሚመጣ የለም። ዮሐንስ ወንጌል 14 ቁጥር 6
- ስለዚህ “መዳን በማንም የለም፣ እንድንበት ዘንድ የሚገባን ለሰዎች የተሰጠ ከሰማይ በታች ሌላ ስም የለምና፡፡” የሐዋርያት ሥራ 4፥12
- በእርሱ የሚያምን ሁሉ የዘላለም ሕይወት እንዲኖረው እንጂ እንዳይጠፋ እግዚአብሔር አንድያ ልጁን እስኪሰጥ ድረስ ዓለሙን እንዲሁ ወዶአልና። ዮሐንስ 3:16